We have completed our IVF cycle. Retrieval was last Monday and they got 13 eggs. The following day we were advised that of those 13 only 11 were mature and all 11 fertilized. I was so very excited. 11 fertilized? We would definitely get some good ones and maybe even have some to freeze.
On Saturday we did transfer. We had already decided to only transfer one and so the embryologist came to talk to us and told us that we had one blast, three that were close to blast and the rest weren't doing that well. He advised us that in his experience we probably wouldn't have anything left to freeze. I was so disappointed. We put our one blast in and headed back home where I stayed on bed rest for 48 hours (a very difficult thing to do with two little men who are used to having their mommy with them all the time!). I am trying to remain optimistic as I know it only takes one and a blast has a pretty good chance of taking. But I am still feeling a little down. I mean we had 11 (!!) and only 1 made it to blast and with nothing frozen, if this cycle doesn't work it means we start over from scratch. While once again I don't think cycling was difficult for me, it was definitely harder this time around with the boys.
So now we wait. Last time I got a BFP at 7 days past a 5 day transfer (7dp5dt) (essentially 12 days past "ovulation"). So of course Ill start testing later this week and maybe get a wonderful Thanksgiving surprise.
My boys are doing well, although they missed having their mommy with them all weekend. We are working so hard with N to get him crawling. He wants to be mobil so badly, and I am hopeful that by Christmas he will be able to do a nice army crawl. Z is still taking steps here and there but seems to be doing better with the inserts in his shoes. They finally arrived last Saturday and we did a breaking in schedule and now he wears them during all waking hours. Each day he seems to take steps a little bit more often. I am so hopeful that a few more weeks of practice and he will be walking and then running everywhere!
We also got good news (I think) on the gait trainer front. We got a letter from the vendor which seems to say (in my totally inexperienced opinion) that there is no pre-certification for the gait trainer required by our insurance company and it should be 100% covered, however they have no way to guarantee that until they order it and submit the bill and of course once its ordered its not returnable so essentially we had to sign that if for some reason insurance doesn't cover it, we will. (You can bet I'll fight tooth and nail to get it paid for if for some reason insurance decides to screw us). So we signed the paperwork and sent it back today and hopefully we will be getting the gait trainer soon. Not sure how long it takes to arrive, but I'll still tell myself in time for Christmas and anything sooner will just be a bonus.
I have this picture in my head of my two little boys standing all on their "own" decorating the Christmas tree. Hopefully I can get an actual picture of this in just a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment