And believe me you would not be the first, but I feel like my moods are sometimes tied to the good news or bad news that each therapy session brings. Today was a good day. Sort of.
We had PT this morning at the hospital where N and Z were born, and we were talking about the various equipment that N might need. I had started asking about this because while we don't need anything right now, the process of getting the equipment can take months (in some cases over a year) depending on whether the equipment is approved or denied and what the appeal process is. The other problem is that insurance companies will only pay for certain types of equipment at certain times. For example, if we chose to get N a wheelchair this year we had better make sure it fits him until he is 6 because insurance will only pay for ONE every FIVE years! Because you know, kids don't grow that much in a five year span..........
Anyway, I had asked about what equipment they thought N might need in the next 6 months to a year so that I could begin the process of figuring out what our insurance company will pay for, what we are going to have to fight for, and what DH (who needs a nickname, I'm thinking Excel due to his fondness for spreadsheets, lol) and I will have to pay for ourselves. In our discussions today, and after N was doing some really nice "walking" with his AFO's and assistance shifting his weight, his PT said that if he continues to improve with his walking and ability to hold himself up we may not even need a gait trainer but could skip right to a walker. Obviously its still really early to know anything for sure. But I couldn't help but feel so very happy when I heard this.
Some days it's the little (ok really big!) things that just make my day!
That's very big news!! And hey, we're all in the same boat of having weeks ruined or brightened by the outcome of PT sessions!
ReplyDelete