Friday, August 12, 2011

The Green Eyed Monster

I would like to think that I could simply be happy for people who "just get pregnant" and then I hear about a friend who is and the jealousy starts.  I have no right to be jealous, wishing for what someone else has doesn't mean just the good parts of their life but the bad too, but when I hear about someone who is able to have sex with their husband and get pregnant, well that's hard for me.

I would love to be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way.  Some romance, love, and maybe even an orgasm, lol.  Instead I get needles, doctors, and the ever sexy trans vaginal ultrasound four to five times a week.  (Well when we are cycling that is, we aren't at present and don't plan too until next summer at least)  Having to use fertility drugs, doctors, and procedures takes all the love and romance out of having a baby.  Yes you still (hopefully) get a baby - or two- out of the deal, but it's just not the same.  You can't just "decide" to have another baby.  It involves testing, blood work (seriously they take vials and vials of blood), ultrasounds, more testing, meetings with the doctor, and the every wonderful "sample in a cup" provided by your DH.  I envy the people who can say let's have another baby and have sex to do it...........on the other hand in my house sex is just for fun, so I guess there are benefits to that!

1 comment:

  1. I get the green-eyed monster. My brother (who never wanted kids) is having a baby soon... right around what was supposed to be my due date last year. One normal baby. That's what they get.
    Not me.
    Not me.
    But, I'm more than happy to have baby-free orgasms for the rest of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete